Monday, March 16, 2009

End is in Sight


exhausted


My students are running on fumes right now. I can see it in their body language and in their loss of responsiveness in class. And who can blame them?

They are being crushed under the weight of final essays, projects, seminars, assignments. Yes, many of them have procrastinated and time is now catching up to them. But many more are managing two or more jobs while still in school.

University is no longer the primary occupation of post-secondary students, as it was in my undergraduate career. University is now one more timed event that one must fit into a very busy life that is often governed by several part-time jobs.

3 comments:

Robbie Vize said...

I'm trying to see life as my timed event and have University reside within it. Whenever you decide to one day pass your torch on, I hope to be there to carry it on.

bwkj said...

I may not yet have passed the torch, but I think I know where a bonfire is already blazing...

Robbie Vize said...

I wish I could retract that post...I don't think you'll ever really pass the torch, you just keep igniting fires.