Monday, July 26, 2010

Opening new doors ...

On August 1, I walk through a new door.   

In fact, it is a familiar portal, for I have been here before, yet at the same time I do not quite know where it leads this time.

I have accepted the position of Director of the Brock University Centre for Teaching, Learning and Educational Technologies.  This was the post that I held once before, from 1998-2003.  

Embracing the new means surrendering something of the old, closing one door to open another.

It is therefore with great regret that I must give up my full-time teaching appointment in Interactive Arts and Science, effective August 1, 2010 in order to discharge my responsibilities in teaching and learning on a full-time basis to the broader university community.

I am champing at the bit to engage the challenges of my new responsibilities, particularly in helping structure an institutional e-learning plan with a focus on pedagogical innovation.

At the same time, I leave the IASC classroom with great reluctance, but with wonderfully fond memories of my students and our invigorating, robust conversations about interactive digital media and life inside the digital bubble.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Barry, this is wonderful news for the university, for the faculty and for the students. Your profound commitment to teaching and learning is inspirational. I look forward to returning to the Faculty and will be seeking your good counsel. All the best to you.